Sunday, March 22, 2009

Building #2. Phase Five.


THIS BLOG IS BEST READ CHRONOLOGICALLY. 
IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST VISIT, 
PLEASE CONSIDER SCROLLING ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE EARLIEST ENTRY.

Here's what the building looked like at the end of Phase Four:


At the end of Phase Four there was an arcade around the perimeter of the entire building that enclosed one large courtyard which was crisscrossed by two elevated walkways. I had just bought a large set of American Plastic Bricks on Ebay and I had a lot of building materials to work with, so I decided to build another walkway above the perimeter arcade at the fourth floor level that would enclose three sides of the large courtyard. I also decided that I'd build two giant staircases up to this fourth floor walkway. I got this far,  


building most of the elevated walkway but just one of the two giant staircases,


but despite my recent purchase, I ran out of bricks: 


It was an interesting idea and probably would have looked good when completed, but it was an 'evolutionary trend' that wasn't 'selected'. It was just too costly to the 'organism'. I decided to remove the one giant staircase that was finished and focus on the fourth floor perimeter walkway instead.  The towers that supported the walkway now rose two stories above it, and letting the building grow taller was starting to look more interesting than letting it grow wider.

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I just saw your blog. We have American Plastic Bricks and are really amazed at what you have built. Excellent!

    jwrross@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete